(1) Gather into groups of 5
(2) Each group will consist of the following roles:
- a social worker who has had experience counselling youths;
- a concerned parent;
- an educator;
- a non-Singaporean living in Singapore who is considering raising his family here and taking up Singapore citizenship; and,
- the news editor / blogger who published the article / issue.
(3) Select a member to pick the headline for discussion.
(4) You will be given 20 minutes to discuss your thoughts and points of view.
The following are some guiding questions for you:
- What were your thoughts upon reading the headlines?
- What could be the possible adverse effect if we accept the headlines at face value?
- What could be the likely motive of displaying such headlines?
- Why do you think we are still able to maintain racial and religious harmony even though such headlines were presented?
(5) Sharing of your thoughts and ideas.